Features of the SHI Support Services packages include:
1. Dedicated Account Manager
Continuous support and advocacy from a dedicated SHI Account Manager. They will help position solutions based on Customer IT goals and serve as the Customer main contact.
2. Flexible Billing and Chargeback
SHI-managed billing designed to help align Customer cloud usage and spend with Customer’s procurement model. SHI provides customized billing formats, different payment options, and flexible payment methods. SHI can also manage the financial chargeback based on Customer requirements.
3. 3rd Party Licensing Guidance
SHI Licensing Resources available to answer any of Customer licensing questions related to AWS. This includes migration rules, compliance, and cost. Customers that want to use a Bring-Customer-own-license (BYOL) model can get competitive prices from SHI.
4. Cost and Usage Reports
Cost and usage reports based on Customer tags, resources or other objects. Reports can be high-level or granular, and span many accounts. OS2 and IS2 customers can categorize their AWS assets, and customize and automate reports.
5. Account Assistance
Help with account setup and initial billing configuration, and other administrative tasks. SHI will work with Customer to establish an approval workflow for account-related requests.
- Customer Responsibilities: Provide AWS account setup requirements, and approval to create, link or unlink accounts.
6. Service Onboarding
First online session to help Customer get started, and to introduce Customer to the SHI Support Services team. The onboarding call includes an initial console walk-through of the AWS management console.
7. Customer Service
SHI is ready to answer account and billing questions, and provide relevant documentation.
8. Cost and Usage Analysis
SHI to offer insight into usage, costs and potential savings. This includes idle or under-utilized resources, cost and usage trends, standardization, and resource alternatives.
9. Performance Rightsizing Analysis
Tracking of Customer AWS instance and volume utilization metrics. SHI will highlight inefficiencies and provide actionable recommendations to improve utilization and reduce cost without forfeiting performance.
10. Reserved Instances Management
Evaluation of RI opportunities and ongoing use. SHI resources provide best practices around RIs, and help with quotes, renewals and processing. Furthermore, SHI can handle custom RI requests and support RI modifications.
- Customer Responsibilities: Provide approval to execute RI orders, and approval to modify, change or cancel RIs when applicable
11. Health Checks
Recurring report of AWS environment that reveals immediate and operational cost savings, such as deleting unused volumes, un-tagged resources, event notices, and security risk exposures. Under IS2, a designated SHI Cloud Account Manager will proactively analyze the metrics and provide actionable recommendations to Customer to improve Customer AWS environment in motion or during a scheduled cadence call. This includes RI modifications or renewals, tagging or billing alert setup, report subscriptions, tagging strategies and overall governance.
12. Technical Support
SHI to provide initial and ongoing guidance and technical assistance.
13. Infrastructure Management
Managed services solution for core AWS products and services that gives Customer architectural and real-time operational support, strong service levels, aggressive resolution targets, service requests up through tier 3, and an environment with an emphasis on automation and optimization to ensure Customer environment runs smoothly and efficiently. SHI will work with Customer to create a customized runbook based on Customer requirements that will outline operational tasks to be performed regularly and escalation procedures.
- Services Team Personnel:
- Team of AWS-certified Solution Architects, System Operators and Developers
- Skilled Technologists
- Designated Cloud Account manager
- Services Team Responsibilities:
- Configuration and management of VPCs
- Configuration and management of subnets and networks ACLs
- Configuration of VPNs and VPN devices
- Configuration and management of security groups
- Management of Route53 DNS zones and domain registration
- Identity & Security
- Manage IAM identities
- Review of IAM accounts and network security
- Creation and configuration of IAM roles
- Multi-factor authentication support
- Monitoring, usage and health of EC2 instances
- Auto scaling configuration and management
- Elastic Block Storage (EBS) volume and snapshot monitoring and management
- Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) configuration and management
- Monitoring, usage and health of RDS instances
- Simple database administration tasks for RDS
- Operating System
- Patch management
- Host configuration, monitoring and management
- Management of common server roles and features
- Security and service account management
- Backups and data replication strategy
- Configuration and management of S3 buckets and bucket policies
- Configuration and management of Glacier
- Configuration and management of CloudFormation templates
- Configuration and management of CloudWatch alarms
- Configuration and management of CloudFront distributions
- Customer Responsibilities: Handle configuration of on-premise VPN devices, Email reputation management, Application development, deployment and backup, and Troubleshooting of application performance issues related to code (e.g. high memory usage by a website)
14. Business Review
Technical review of Customer AWS infrastructure and operations. This includes recommendations to further automate Customer processes or optimize the health of Customer environment, guidance and preparation for upcoming AWS projects, review of service ticket or support case history, and insights about Customer environment based on data analytics.