Global bedding company settles into new UK head office with seamless SHI support
SHI partners with APC, Cisco, Dell, and Palo Alto for a successful project from start to finish.
U.S.-based bed/pillow/memory foam company with 9,000 employees worldwide.
Despite limited local IT resources and a tight timeline, the customer needed to open a new head office and required a Cisco networking partner to design, configure, install, and manage the project.
SHI produced a thorough scope of work and project timeline, deploying APC, Cisco, Dell, and Palo Alto solutions along with services from our in-house engineering and project management team.
- Designed, configured, and installed new wired LAN, wireless LAN, firewalls, and WAN routers
- Successfully opened new UK office on a tight project timeline
- Seamlessly moved 100+ employees into new head office
A global bedding manufacturing company based in the U.S. wanted to open a new UK head office in London. With very limited local IT resources combined with increased travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the customer needed a Cisco networking partner to design, configure, install, and commission a new wired LAN, wireless LAN, firewalls, and WAN routers. The customer also required the partner to act as their local 'eyes and ears' for the final stages of the office buildout, working with the contractor on features like cabling layout, power, and cooling.
SHI evaluated the customer requirements and produced a thorough scope of work and project timeline for the engagement. The following equipment was deployed:
- Cisco Catalyst 9300 switches in a stack
- Cisco Catalyst 9120 wireless access points with internal antennae
- Cisco Catalyst 9800 wireless LAN controller
- Cisco ISR 4300 and 890 series WAN routers
- Palo Alto PA-450 firewall
- APC Smart-UPS SRT 8000VA
- Dell PowerEdge Rack Servers
SHI also provided the following services via the in-house engineering and project management team:
- Site readiness inspection with building contractors
- Equipment acceptance, inventory, unboxing, and pre-stage testing of the delivered network equipment
- Network design, recommended iOS versions, and equipment configuration
- Wireless site survey and cabling and fitting wireless access points with the cabling contractor
- Equipment racking, patching, system testing, and commissioning
- Out-of-band remote access for the U.S. team to apply final configuration before WAN circuits went live
- Onsite, go-live support for the office opening
- Full project management, rack elevation diagrams, and customer handover documentation
A successful office opening day commenced with go-live, onsite presence in case of any teething troubles in the early stages. This project enabled the customer to seamlessly move over 100 employees into the new head office facility – just four months after the initial project kick-off meeting.